|Yummy Ginger Crackles!|
These simple looking cookies are packed with flavor from the molasses, ginger and other spices.
Announcement: the ABC bakers will be baking from www.KingArthurFlour.com in 2013. If you'd like to join us, please email me at HanaasKitchen [at] live [dot] com.
The dough came together pretty quickly. What I loved the most about this dough is that it was ready to use without refrigerating first. I weighed all the pieces of dough (20 gram each) and got 37 cookies.
As part of a little experiment of mine, I rolled some of the dough in powdered sugar, thinking that the cookies will look like "chocolate crackles" but they didn't (as you can see below).
I gave away some of the cookies.
I also froze the rest of the baked cookies. I'm planning on taking them to a potluck at work next week.
|Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside.|
- I only gave hubby one cookie :o) He said he liked it but since I hadn't asked for a rating before he ate it, he needed another one. We'll see if there are any left after the potluck :o)
- I ate one cookie while still slightly warm from the oven. It was really good; not too sweet; crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. I thought it could use a little more ginger but maybe these cookies need a couple days for the ginger flavor to developer more. Another thought I had was to add finely chopped crystallized ginger next time.
- My friend ate one too and liked it a lot.
- I highly recommend that you try this recipe. According to the author, Abby Dodge, this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. The dough as well as baked cookies can easily be frozen.
- The recipe can be found here.
- Please check out the other ABC bakers who also loved these cookies.