If you'd like to bake along with ABC, please email me at HanaasKitchen [at] live [dot] com.
Because we already have some leftover dessert, I decided to make just half the recipe. Given the weight measurements in the recipe (a feature I really like a LOT), that's really easy to do. Or so I thought... I typically write out the adjusted recipe on a piece of paper so I don't mess up the math. Today I was in a hurry (you probably already know where I'm going with this). I did the math on the fly and then this happened: half the butter plus the full amount of sugar (I should have listened to that voice that told me, that's a lot of sugar for that little bit of butter):
|Butter saturated with sugar|
|Dried fruit mix ready for the apple juice|
|Orange specked batter ready for the macerated dried fruit|
|Half the recipe - each muffin weighs 3 oz|
|After 21 minutes in the oven...|
|Time to enjoy. Bon appetit!|
- My husband liked these. He had half of a muffin while still slightly warm and said it was moist and flavorful. He gave it a 9 out of 10 rating. Score!!
- I ate the other half and really liked it too. I was pleasantly surprised by how tender it was. I just loved the texture! Since I didn't have Fiori di Sicilia, I used the zest of a small orange instead. The fruit was plump and sweet. A really nice combination of flavors.
- Baking time for me was about 21 minutes.
- Changes: substituted Egg Nog for the milk, reduced the sugar to 43 gr to account for the sugar in the Egg Nog, added 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to the batter, added the zest of one small orange.
- Check out the other ABC bloggers and see how their Panettone Muffins turned out.