This recipe is so easy and delicious, and it's done in no time! You combine the ingredients for the crust, then you bake the crust, cool the crust while you're making the ganache filling, pour the ganache into the cooled crust, and then into the fridge it goes.
|A slice of chocolate heaven!|
|Dark Chocolate Ganache Pretzel Tart|
|Chocolate Pretzel Tart with Caramel Glaze!|
Dark Chocolate Ganache Pretzel Tart
(adapted from "The Everyday Baker" by Abby Dodge)
Yields: 9" tart (use tart pan or Pyrex pie pan)
Ingredients - pretzel crust
- 35 g granulated sugar
- 90 g unsalted butter
- Couple pinches of table salt
- 130 g pretzel crumbs (finely grind pretzels in the food processor). You could also use graham cracker crumbs or other cookie crumbs for a slightly less salty crust.
Ingredients - ganache filling
- 400 g semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 115 g heavy cream
- 115 g milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
Instructions - crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Combine sugar, butter and salt in a medium sized pan (if using the stove) or microwave-safe bowl (if using the microwave).
- Melt the butter and swirl the pan or bowl to melt the sugar as well.
- Once the butter is melted, add all the pretzel crumbs into it and stir with a fork until it moistened and the mixture looks sandy, and you don't have any dry crumbs left.
- Press the crumb mixture into the tart or pie pan (no pan prep required), on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool the crust completely on a wire rack.
Instructions - ganache filling
- Combine all the filling ingredients, except the salt, in a microwave-safe bowl, or in a double boiler (if using the stove).
- If using the double boiler, heat the mixture until all the chocolate is melted and there are no more lumps.
- Otherwise, microwave on High for 90 secs, gently whisk this mixture, and microwave for another 30 secs. Whisk again and make sure all the chocolate is melted and there are no more lumps (microwaves vary so you may need to give it more or less time).
- Add the table salt and stir to combine.
- Pour the ganache mixture into the cooled crust, and refrigerate for a couple of hours uncovered.
- Remove the tart from the fridge, cover with plastic wrap and return to the fridge for at least 6 to 8 hours (or overnight).
- Chocolate or caramel drizzle.
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Decorate with pretzels right before serving so they don't become soggy.