I've made a few changes to the recipes, which you'll find in the "Final thoughts/tips" section below. These little tea cakes were very easy to make. I actually made the batter last night and baked them this morning without any problems. After they were baked, I waited a little bit and tried one still slightly warm. It was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Hubby liked it a lot too, as did my friend Wafae and her young daughter.
- Hubby and I enjoyed this tea cakes very much. I liked them so much that I wished I had made half a recipe because I'm eating them waaaaaay too fast. I loved the soft and spongy texture, as well as the flavor and aroma from the toasted almonds, and not to forget, the toasty buttery flavor from using beurre noisette. Hubby gave them a good 9 out of 10 :o)
- Instead of hazelnuts, I used unblanched almonds which I toasted first, cooled, and then ground in my food processor.
- Since I didn't have chestnut honey in my pantry, I used orange blossom honey that we bought on a recent trip to Arizona late last year. Yum!
- I added the following ingredients to the batter: 2 pinches of salt, vanilla extract, and zest of 1/2 a lemon.
- A big thank to Debbie for choosing another SMS winner. If you'd like to give these a try, check out the recipe HERE.
- Don't forget to check out what the other SMS bakers thought of these little delicious morsels.