|English Digestives. Yum!|
If you'd like to join the ABC bakers in their monthly baking adventures, please go to the ABC blog for more information.
I made these cookies twice (that's how much we liked them). The first time, I made half the recipe. The second time, the full recipe of course! The dough was a breeze to make and so was rolling it out, even without refrigeration.
I was visiting family overseas, so I had a little helper (my 6-year old niece). She did a great job poking holes in the cookies with her fork :o)
|I used a pastry wheel to cut the rolled out dough. Pretty edges huh?|
|Crispy. Flavorful. Will definitely make again and again. Bon appetit!|
- I was lucky to have easy access to European butter while vacationing in Holland so that's what I used. I'm sure any butter would do fine.
- It surprised me that the recipe didn't call for any salt, so naturally I added a pinch or two.
- For flavor, I thought it would be fun to pair these cookies with cinnamon. Here too, I added a healthy pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Instead of using 3 oz of powdered sugar, I used 2 oz of dark brown sugar and only 1 oz of powdered sugar.
- When making the second batch, I used 100% whole wheat flour and a couple tablespoons of ground flax seeds. They were even better than the first batch. Will definitely make them this way from now on.
- If I were to start making these more often (for "healthy" snacking), I might reduce the sugar a touch.
- You can find the original recipe HERE.
- To find out how the other ABC bakers liked this month's recipe, please click HERE.