|Lamb stew with squash and sweet potato served over cous cous|
- Doubled the recipe.
- I didn't have beef stew meat so I used lamb (some pieces were boneless, others were not).
- Marinated the meat in a spice paste made with: EVOO, cumin, turmeric, ground ginger, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Browned the meat on all sides for about 5-7 minutes.
- Cooked the chopped onions, garlic, and ginger in the meat juices for about 5 minutes.
- Placed the meat and onion mixture in the crockpot, and added the remaining ingredients from the recipe, except the butternut squash.
- Kept the amount of cinnamon the same.
- After 4 hours of cooking on HIGH, I added 1lb of cubed butternut squash and 1lb of cubed sweet potatoes. This cooked on HIGH for another 2 hours.
- Towards the end of the cooking process, I added chopped cilantro to the stew instead of parsley.
- Cous cous: boiled water with the following spices: salt, pepper, turmeric, and garlic. I also add a little bit of EVOO in the water to avoid "sticking" issues later.
- Served the stew on a mixture of regular cous cous and whole wheat cous cous because hubby finds the taste of whole wheat cous cous by itself too strong.