|Apple Upside-Down Cake with Cinnamon-Honey Caramel Glaze|
- Hubby liked this cake a lot. He gave it a 9 out of 10.
- I used McIntosh apples. The caramel flavor in the apples came through beautifully without making the dessert too sweet. The cake was soft, moist, and melt-in-your-mouth tender (which is always the case with Rose's sour cream-based cakes). The warm spices I added to the cake complimented the apples and the caramel nicely.
- Changes: I substituted 1 Tbsp of butter with canola oil, added spices to the cake batter because I like apples + spices, and used salted butter for the caramel as well as the cake batter (omitting salt from the recipe).
- Spices = cinnamon, ginger, grated nutmeg, and a dash of cloves.
- I served the cake with a drizzle of (leftover) cinnamon-honey caramel glaze.