I will keep this post short and sweet. The shortcuts I took and other changes I made can be found below.
- Replaced the rum in the recipe with heavy cream. For a silkier texture, I added 1 egg yolk.
- Instead of the chocolate cookie crust, I used my favorite gingersnap crust with ground almonds.
- Skipped pre-baking the crust and the thin layer of melted chocolate on top of the crust. The cheesecake itself is already chocolatey enough.
- Cut the amount of espresso in half since I'm not a coffee fan. Glad I did!
- Baked the cheesecake in a water bath in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Afterwards, with the oven door closed, shut off the oven and left the cheesecake in the there for 1 hour.
- Instead of a blackberry glaze, I made a glaze from homemade grape jelly. The cheesecake was delicious without the glaze too.