ABC blog for more information.
|Aromatic, moist and yummy cake. Bon Appetit!|
- I loved this recipe a lot, especially with a nice schmear of real butter.
- Leftover cake was sliced and frozen.
- I made a couple changes to the recipe which you can find below.
- Definitely a recipe I'd make again.
Dutch speculaas gingerbread cake
(adapted from WeekendBakery.com) - yields: one 8" x 8" pan
- 125 gr rye flour (used coarse organic rye flour)
- 125 gr unbleached AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches of salt
- 50 gr melted butter
- 15 gr vegetable oil
- 110 gr organic agave nectar
- 110 gr sugar
- 2 tsp "baking spice" from Penzeys
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground anise seeds
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 50 gr sour cream
- 150 gr 1% milk
Please follow the instructions on mixing the ingredients here. As I mentioned earlier, my cake baked in 25 min at 375 F.