I added some interesting spices to kick things up. Instead of rolling out the dough and using a cookie cutter, I went a different route (it was also VERY hot in my kitchen as the AC was out of service). Inspired by these tiny savory Moroccan crackers called "Petite Fekkas Sale", I decided to shape them like that instead. They baked up in less time also which was a plus (remember, no AC!).
If you'd like to join the ABC bakers in their monthly baking adventures, please go to the ABC blog for more information.
I made half the recipe so it doesn't look like much :)
Some step-by-step pictures:
|Getting the ingredients ready for the food processor|
|Shape the dough into a snake and use your bench knife to cut diagonal pieces|
|Ready for the oven (I like to reuse my parchment paper, as you can tell)|
|Voila! Bon Appetit :)|
- Hubby loved these little nuggets, and gave them a 9 out of 10 rating (score!).
- I loved them too. The cayenne gives them a nice kick, and the other spices makes far from boring. I loved crunch and the buttery flavor which came through really well.
- I added a pinch of the following ingredients to the recipe:
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Sweet paprika
- Garlic powder
- Another idea:
- When they're "nugget-size", you can create something like a Chex Mix by adding almonds, pretzels, and yummies :)
- The original recipe can be found here.
- Don't forget to check out the other ABC bakers.