|The Bostini - Rose's way, served in a cup|
|The Bostini - the trifle way|
|The Bostini - the cupcake way|
|Look at all those orange specks in the pastry cream sauce!|
|An inside view of the Orange Glow Chiffon Cupcakes|
- My husband loved this dessert. But then again, he's partial to sponge-type cakes because he likes "fluffy" cakes. The chocolate sauce wasn't overpowering and the orange flavor came through wonderfully. He gave it a 9 out of 10.
- Another one of my taste testers ate The Bostini Cupcake and said it was the best dessert ever!!
- I took the trifle to a dinner party where everybody loved it and some had seconds.
- The pastry cream was thickened with gelatin. I dissolved 1.5 tsp of gelatin powder in 5 tsp of cold water. This mixture was added at the very end of the pastry cream's cooking process.
- The other change I made to the pastry cream sauce is using 50% heavy cream and 50% milk (1%) to cut down on the calories.
- The last change I made to the pastry cream sauce is to substitute the vanilla bean with the zest of 1 orange.
- I also used less butter in the chocolate sauce (1-to-3 ratio instead of a 1-to-1 ratio).
- Needless to say, I enjoyed this dessert too. The cupcakes were light and moist. I loved the orange flavor in the little cupcakes as well as the pastry cream (to me personally, taking the "orange" route was a good change). The dark chocolate sauce was a nice contrast. Will definitely make it again.
- If this has you itching to go into your kitchen and make it (any of the three ways), you're in luck. Global Gourmet has posted this recipe. Although I highly recommend purchasing your own copy of Rose's Heavenly Cakes because you're going to want to bake all the other recipes in there too.