The publisher, Wiley & Sons, gave away 10 signed copies to the first 10 people who sign up for this bake along. Guess who made it to that top 10? Moi! Yay! I received my signed copy last Friday. It read: "For Hanaa, charter member of the bake along. Blissful baking. Love, Rose". How cool is that?! For one thing, hardly anybody spells my name right :o)
So a big thank you to Rose, for writing yet another beautiful book with stunning color photos, and to Wiley & Sons. Last but not least, a big thanks to Marie for organizing this bake along.
If you would like to join the Heavenly Cake Bakers baking group, here are the rules:
- You must own, or have easy access to, a copy of Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
- You must have a blog.
- At the beginning of each month Marie will post the recipes that will be featured for that month. Marie will bake one per week, but you only have to agree to bake two of the selections. Of course you can bake more often if you like.
- Blog posts should be made within a 24 hour period on Mondays.
- If you run out of steam or feel you can’t keep baking, let Marie know so she can remove you from the list of Heavenly Cake Bakers - that way, readers will know that only active bakers are on the list of bloggers.
- Recipes will not be posted on your blogs since everyone will have a copy of the book and we want to encourage sales of Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
- Don't forget to have fun!
For your entertainment, here's a picture of my very first cake from The Cake Bible, about 4 years ago. I made a white butter cake, with a lightly whipped white chocolate ganache filling, topped with lemon curd. The frosting consisted of the same whipped white chocolate ganache. My inspiration for the laced "chocolate band" came from Rose's Strawberry Cloud Cake. I had also just learned how to temper chocolate and needed an excuse to practice (my birthday couldn't have come at a better time!).