8/3/2009: as promised, here's the update on how these two PB cookies did at my workplace. The SMS PB cookie won (10 votes) whereas the TWB PB cookie got 5 votes. In general, the comments were that the PB flavor in the TWB cookie was too strong (as intended as it contains no butter). Then there were some who voted for the SMS PB cookie but commented it could use a bit more PB flavor (but not as much that it would become a TWB PB cookie). So I think my next revision will be: reduce butter by 25% and add 25% more PB. It was fun and everybody was more than willing to participate in my "little cookie survey" today :o)
This week's SMS recipe was chosen by Stephanie from Ice Cream Before Dinner. Her recipe of choice was Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. You can find the recipe HERE. I have to admit, that sounds really good. Too bad I can't eat them due to peanut allergies but I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will enjoy these cookies very much. Thanks Stephanie!
I cut the recipe in half and ended up with 13 cookies (1 oz each). The only thing I added to the recipe was vanilla extract (not sure why you would want to make cookies without vanilla, but that's just my opinion). I also took this peanut-butter-cookie-making opportunity to try another PB cookie that was on my to-try list (PB is the only fat used - no butter) ever since I purchased The Weekend Baker. I've borrowed this book from the library multiple times and then decided to just buy it. Made several recipes from it, including Emergency Blender Chocolate Cupcakes (as the name implies, they're a breeze to whip up and taste delicious). Someday I'll have to post it here. Needless to say, I highly recommend this book.
- Hubby liked both cookies. Although he liked the SMS PB cookie (9 out of 10), he preferred the TWD PB cookie as it was more moist (9.5 out of 10).
- Added vanilla extract to the recipe.
- Baked 1/2 a recipe and got 13 cookie which I baked for 15 minutes at 325.
- Used natural peanut butter for both recipes.
- Will update my blog tomorrow to let you know how my coworkers liked both cookies.
- Check out the other SMS bakers to see how they liked the PB cookie.