|Slice of Crusty Apple Pie|
If you'd like to join the ABC bakers in their monthly baking adventures, please go to the ABC blog for more information.
The crust was really easy to make. I loved that it had cream cheese and buttermilk powder which gave it a slight tang. I did add a teaspoon of sugar to the dough. I actually didn't have enough cream cheese (3 oz) so I ended up adding 1 oz of sour cream. Worked great!
|Mmmm... yummy apple pie!|
- I took this to a dinner party. It was a huge hit with adults and kids alike.
- I loved the incredibly flaky crust. I was afraid that I had made the dough too wet. Given the flaky texture, I guess it wasn't too wet. The apples were cooked to perfection (I used 3 golden delicious apples), nice and tender without being mushy and holding their shape.
- What I loved most about this recipe is that you can feed an army with it. I made a 12" pie (almost a pizza), and after some folks had seconds, there was still a quarter pie left.
- Hubby didn't have any because it was a "girls only" dinner party :o)
- Changes: added 1 Tbsp of AP flour to the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Also tossed ~2 tsp of AP flour on the apples slices. Right before putting on the top crust, I dusted the apples with some cinnamon.
- I will definitely bake this again. Now I understand why some people commented that this is their go-to apple pie recipe.
- You can find the recipe HERE and step-by-step pictures on the KAF blog HERE.
- Don't forget to check out the other ABC bakers.