|Yummy zucchini focaccia bread sticks!|
If you'd like to join the ABC bakers in their monthly baking adventures, please go to the ABC blog for more information.
Some changes I made to the recipe:
- Substituted about a third of the AP flour in the dough (not starter) with KAF White Whole Wheat flour.
- Reduced the amount of instant yeast by half (used 1 tsp instead of 2 tsp).
|My starter after 24 hours at room temp.|
|Rolled it out smaller than the recipe called for so it wouldn't be super thin.|
The recipe wasn't hard to make at all. If you're looking for instant gratification, this isn't it. If you want delicious, then this is worth the wait.
|Roasted zucchini. Yum! I made sandwiches with the leftovers.|
I added some cayenne to the roasted zucchini which made them spicy.
When we had an impromptu dinner party at our house, I omitted the zucchini on one half of the focaccia, thinking it would be too spicy for some of the guests. Well, something unexpected (read "bad") happened to that side.
|Yep, it puffed up like a giant pita bread.|
|At least the other half is still good!|
|Look that open crumb. Bon appetit!|
- This was a big hit with hubby and our guests. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The zucchini worked really well. Hubby gave it an 9 out of 10 rating!!
- I too loved this bread and would definitely love to make it again. Thanks to the reduced yeast amount, it had a wonderful smell rather than overly yeasty smell.
- You can find the original recipe HERE.
- Don't forget to check out the other ABC bakers.
I'm submitting this blog post to Yeast Spotting, a weekly showcase of all things Yeasty :o)